April 2-4, 2019 | Beirut, Lebanon
Hosted by the Municipality of Beirut
The Municipality of Beirut, in collaboration with the World Bank Group, is delighted to invite you to participate in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional Urban Resilience Conference, to be held on April 2-4, 2019 in Beirut, Lebanon.
The conference aims to tackle the challenges that MENA cities face by learning from regional and global experiences in urban resilience. It plans to lay the foundation for a joint understanding of resilience solutions by gathering city, national and sub-national level officials, experts, and other shareholders and stakeholders in MENA.
Cities across MENA with varying degrees of resilience will be showcased.
Participants will engage in discussions ranging from cross-sectoral and multi-stakeholder approaches to resilience challenges to harnessing global resilience efforts to support strategy planning and implementation.
City case studies and technical deep dives into specific challenges will help participants identify a roadmap for their own communities and potential partners for collaboration. Moreover, working group sessions will enable knowledge sharing and encourage regional linkages.
We are looking forward to your participation in this regional initiative.
- Cities strengthen their understanding of common regional challenges to urban resilience
- Cities identify multi-sectoral strategies and approaches
- Greater regional cooperation between cities with common resilience objectives
- Cross-fertilization of ideas by focusing on innovative methodologies, techniques and solutions to resilience challenges
- Shared regional urban resilience pledge highlighting the way forward
Note: Final draft program and invitations will be disseminated by February 2019.
Do you have questions?
Please contact our team at MENA.Resilience@worldbank.org