Submitted proposals will be ranked according the following criteria:
- Identify a specific problem statement under GFDRR Pillar 1: Risk Identification
- Geographical focus on developing countries with an emphasis on the Africa and Asia regions
- Development of open access data, products, tools and approaches.
- Meet World Bank eligibility requirements (see below)
- Projects that present a clear strategy for bridging the gap between technology and users, including through co-productive techniques and user consultations
- Encouraging training and capacity development of users.
- Involvement of research or other partners in developing countries on an equal basis.
- New partnerships to develop cross sectoral and collaborative teams (including members from the public, private, NGO and academic sectors)
- Open source technological solutions that are simple and replicable are encouraged
- Ability to leverage other projects and investment to deliver greater impact