Publications & Multimedia
- SISRI Knowledge Notes
- Report: Financing Climate and Disaster Resilience for Small Island States
- Report: Climate and Disaster Resilient Transport in Small Island Developing States: A Call for Action
- Brochure: Climate and Disaster Resilient Transport in Small Island Developing States: A Call for Action
- World Bank video blog: Helping Small Island States Tackle Climate Change & Disaster Risk
- Program Profile: SISRI
- Video: What is SISRI?
- Key data for SIDS (WDIs)
Presentations from the SISRI special event at the Understanding Risk Forum: Venice, May 2016
This side event shared experiences amongst practitioners in the Caribbean, Pacific, and the African/Indian Ocean Islands in the design and implementation of resilience buildings operations. Presentations covered both technical and operational aspects of Small Island States’ activities dedicated to strengthening the resilience of assets, reduce vulnerability of communities and ecosystems as well as improve capacity to recover from disasters. The ultimate purpose of this session was to create a Community of Practice amongst Small Island States practitioners in the public, private, civil society and international development sectors.
- David I, World Bank: Innovative Solutions to Address Bottlenecks and Capacity Constraints in Financial Management
- Prof. Hajime Kayanne (University of Tokyo, Japan):
- Alessio Giardino and colleagues (Deltares) – SimpleCoast: Dealing with Coastal Risks in Small Island States – Training Session
- Ap Van Dongeren (Deltares), with Curt Storlazzi (USGS) – Assessment of flooding on low-elevation reef-lined coasts
Fellowships & Scholarships
- SIDS fellowships, MSc specializations, and short courses
- Prof Maria Kennedy (UNESCO-IHE): Supporting Small Island Developing States – Scholarship Program to strengthen capacity in the water sector; UNESCO-IHE brochure on the program
- Ferrario, F., Beck, M. W., Storlazzi, C. D., Micheli, F., Shepard, C. C., & Airoldi, L. (2014). The effectiveness of coral reefs for coastal hazard risk reduction and adaptation. Nature communications, 5.
- Kumar, L., & Taylor, S. (2015). Exposure of coastal built assets in the South Pacific to climate risks. Nature Climate Change, 5, 992-996
- Nurse, L. A., McLean, R. F., Agard, J., Briguglio, L. P., Duvat-Magnan, V., Pelesikoti, N., ... & Webb, A. (2014). Small islands. Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part B: Regional Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 1613-1654.