Africa, Caribbean, and the Pacific: Recovery Framework Guide Roll Out
Context and Objectives
The Program supported the rollout of a Disaster Recovery Framework (DRF) Guide in all ACP countries, through a capacity building program targeting international/regional organizations as well as government officials in ACP countries.
The project supports different types of capacity building activities:
- Regional level training of trainers & resource persons: This activity aims at developing ACP regional capacity for preparing the DRFs, and includes regional level Training of Trainers (ToT). Where relevant, these regional trainings are held in partnership with African Regional Economic Communities (RECs) or other relevant regional entities in the ACP regions, in coordination with already ongoing initiatives.
- Country level capacity development programs: The activity aims at supporting ACP countries that show strong interest and commitment towards resilient recovery.
- E-learning module for the DRF Guide, which complements the DRF Guide training material through a publicly accessible and easy to use online tool.
The following results have been achieved to date:
- Two regional level Training of Trainers- events were organized by GFDRR in collaboration with the UN and EU for ECOWAS and IGAD member countries, in March and June 2016 respectively.
- E-learning modules were developed.
- A wide range of Post Disaster Needs Assessment/Disaster Risk Finance-trainings took place. Participants can now train others in their country. Examples of these trainings are:
- Trainings in Uganda and Côte d’Ivoire, in January and April 2016 respectively, benefitting about 110 participants from both government as well as non-government sector.
- A training in July 2017 in Gambia to amongst others officials from line ministries and the Parliament.
- A training in November 2017 to government officials and civil society organization-representatives in Cabo Verde.
- A training in April 2018 to government officials in Uganda.
- A one-week training in April 2018 for 45 participants in Fiji.
- A training in May 2018 for line ministries in Somalia.
Partnerships and Coordination
GFDRR works closely with UNDP and the EU, both at headquarters and in the relevant Delegations, on the implementation of the project.
- Integration of disaster prevention into post-disaster recovery
Window of Action
- Window 3
- 01/2016 to 12/2018